Thursday, April 22, 2010

One Day to Go!!!

I am leaving as soon as I hit "PUBLISH POST" to hit the gym for one more short but intense training ride, dear readers, and then I'm done with my training -- just tomorrow, a rest and fuel-up day, and then Saturday morning it's finally time for the Atlanta 2010 RIDE TO CHANGE THE FUTURE™!

My thanks again to the wonderful Gigi of Gigi's Gone Shopping, who surprised me earlier this week by thoughtfully including a shout-out to me and to this cycling event (which benefits ovarian cancer research) in her daily blog post.  I've been really delighted and moved to find donations from JCA's at my Ovarian Cycle home page.  You are all, truly, a lovely crowd of fine, strong women.  Thank you so much for including me in your midst, and for supporting my "century" ride! 

And, of course, you are also fashionable women, so what kind of JCA would I be if I didn't make at least SOME effort to be well-dressed for my 100-mile ride?

Thus, my Polyvore set of what will be going in my gym bag. :-) 


It's not too late to donate to Ovarian Cycle, by the way, so if you're of a mind to chip in a few dollars towards the search for a reliable early-detection test for ovarian cancer, just go here and look for the "Make A Donation" box on the left column.  I'll appreciate every dollar!

See y'all on Sunday, when I'll tell you, I'm sure, what an amazing Saturday I had!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I know you will do a fantastic job! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stylish at the gym too? I look like a tinker most morning with unbrushed hair and my raggy clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Your comments are invited and I look forward to seeing you here!