Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cutie Pie Tie: Borrowing from the Boys

Cutie Pie Tie: Borrowing from the Boys



J.Crew tailored shirt / J.Crew high waisted skinny jeans / Cole Haan arch support shoes / Ebel white watch, $5,485 / David Yurman gold earrings / Antique gold jewelry / Nautical jewelry / Boys' neon sailboat chambray tie


I spotted this Crewcuts tie for next to $0 on FS -- nice chambray linen with neon sailboats. Adorable!

Wearing today with a white shirt (mine's a summerweight J. Crew Perfect Shirt) and the new Midrise Toothpick Jeans in Carbon (LOVE them, fit is TTS to slightly small for your J. Crew toothpick size).

Also wearing (socklessly preppy of course) my Cole Haan Air Penny suede driver loafers in 'India Ink', quite possibly the most comfortable shoe I have ever put on my foot.  This is a color from 2011, but if you see it somewhere on clearance grab it.  The color isn't navy; it's more like a cross between navy and cobalt and it's fantastic!

My young-adult son tells me that going sockless with loafers or driving mocs is a hot new craze for Fall 2012 for guys his age, and that this is called the "mankles" fad.  Too funny!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Your comments are invited and I look forward to seeing you here!